Sunday, December 2, 2007

McPhatterson

I've been - well, I hesitate to call it dieting, but I guess that's the only way to describe it to other people. To me, I've changed my eating habits. 'Cause I think the way I'm eating lately is normal, and what I was doing before was some perversion of eating. I know I had to be consuming more than 2,000 calories a day. Well, now I'm down to 1,350. It feels just right. I don't feel starved, but I am forced to decide if what I'm about to eat is really worth it. Does it provide nutrients? Does it taste good? It's been really cool.

I can't believe how much I used to eat in just one day. OMG I was looking at the Dunkin Donuts website to get some idea of what I can and can't have, and I just casually checked how many calories were in a muffin since that's what I used to get most often. There wasn't a single muffin there under 500 calories. Can you imagine? I can get a whole meal out of 500 calories now, but I was eating these things as snacks! It was only a matter of time before I was going to be 200LB. No doubt.

I have been walking my sons to school every morning now since the middle of October, I believe. That's 2 miles a day. It wasn't until like 2 weeks ago, after not losing any weight, that I adjusted my caloric intake. I immediately saw a difference once I did that. I've lost 7LB in about 4-5 weeks now. I wish it was coming off faster, but I'm just glad it's coming off at all. I'm not that big to begin with so, of course, it's going to take some time. I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. It's kinda like when people "find Jesus" - they want to tell everyone. Well, I've found....a healthier lifestyle.

No comments: