Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Is there anybody going to listen to my story?

If you're a wannabe hippie - which I just so happen to be, then you should have already seen Across the Universe. It's not in the theaters anymore, so if you didn't see it, you suck. It's a musical. I knew going in that I would have to make myself listen to people in song talk as though they weren't going over a melody while the people in the background do choreographed dance moves and pretend they're walking like normal. So I prepared myself and by about the 3rd or 4th song I was actually into it. I really liked it a lot. It's an anti-war movie. Of course. What, besides recycling and granola, are hippies known for? And they redid all of these Beatles songs so they didn't sound so uppity and pleasant. It was great.

So anyway, it was a beautifully done movie. Everything was gorgeous and artistic and bright and other exciting adjectives. I guess what I'm saying is, if you don't have hi-def TV or some way of seeing this movie in a theater quality fashion, don't waste your time. You've missed it.

No comments: