Friday, November 30, 2007

Ghost Hunter

So, I started watching Ghost Hunters at some point this year. Yeah, there isn't anyway for me to pretend I'm NOT a dork now. I have an original collection of The Twilight Zone on DVD, for God's sake. But, that's neither here nor there. Ahem, so I decided that I'm really interested in what they do on the show. So I went to their website and checked out their forum. I found a local guy who wanted to start his own group here. Well by the time I found his post some months had passed. He'd already started the group. I told Richy about it 'cause he's interested too. And we set out to meet up with the founder and co-founder in downtown Lake Worth. This was sort of an "interview", just a way for all of us to feel each other out...ew, that sounds creepy. And it went really well. We're excited about it! This is the first hobby Richy and I have ever really had in the time we've known each other. The sad thing is I finally found stuff to do for fun with him AFTER we split up.

Our first investigation is coming up on December 8th. And we have a meeting on the 2nd to meet the group and discuss the way we'll investigate this house we're going to. It should be very interesting. I'm not ready to commit to buying equipment more extravagant than a red LED flashlight (and even that I'm thinking about just slapping some red cellophane over a regular flashlight) just yet. But I think I'll wait to see how I like all of this before I get into buying accessories and stuff. Richy seems to think he'll love it straight off. I just keep thinking about when I leave in the summer I won't be able to do the investigations and stuff anymore. He will still be here so that's why he can make plans for the future for it, I guess.

The founder and co-founder are really cool people. They'd JUST done their first radio show on an AM station so they were amped when we met them. They're even more pumped up now 'cause they've been invited back. They say a lot of the other members really want to travel and do other places in FL. So they are off to a great start, I think. I'm looking forward to hanging out with them and seeing what they're about.

4 comments:

steenface! said...

The lighthouse in St. Augustine. If you haven't seen that episode of Ghost Hunters, you absolutely must!

Victoria said...

I missed it...and I don't know how the hell I missed that after the Thanksgiving marathon they did. I heard it was great, though. Must.watch.

SimplyBillie said...

How awesome! I love Ghost Hunters. How did the investigation go?

Victoria said...

The investigation went great! I've posted about it today, and I'm going to post again after the evidence is revealed.